Friday, April 6, 2018

MY COFFEE SYPHON ARRIVED!!!


I have posted recently that I am a coffee geek.  I love different ways to brew.  The latest is the Japanese Coffee Syphon.  I saw with science experiment looking coffee maker and was fascinated by how it worked.  I  read that you get the same results from a $40 dollar Syphon as a $200  one so I bought a $40 Syphon.

I comes with everything you need, the burner, bamboo stirrer and spoon.  I had read that it makes a weaker coffee sometimes so I bought a bold Seattle's Best brew.




You put the water in the bowl 3 or 5 cups.  Put the cylinder on with the filter which a chain hangs from.  Light the burner and after 15 minutes ( this is a long process so I don't recommend it for your morning coffee) it will start to boil and rise through the tube to the cylinder which is when you add your grounds.




You gently stir the grounds with the bamboo stick and make sure the filter stays down at first it may rise a bit.  After just a few minutes the goodness of those coffee grounds blends with your boiling wanter and is forced back down into the bowl.



It takes around 3 minutes for the process to complete.  I must say it is fun to watch, if you are a coffee geek like me you will enjoy this whole process.  It is something to do for 1 or 2 people on a lazy afternoon.


You gently, with a tea towel, remove the cylinder and you can pour with the handle for an absolutely delicious cup of coffee.  I have used the Syphon a few times now and it does actually make a strong cup of coffee.

It is easy to clean and for $40 it  is a lot of fun for a coffee geek like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment